Thursday 16th July 2015, 10.00-12.30pm (followed by a light, local lunch)
Author: CP Administrator/04 August 2017/Categories: Projects, Healthy City, Food Carlisle, News
What is SUGAR SMART UK?
SUGAR SMART UK was set up by Sustain and the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation working with councils, businesses, institutions and other sectors to help reduce overconsumption of sugar in their local areas. SUGAR SMART takes a cross-sector approach to transforming local food environments and raising public awareness of the impacts of consuming too much sugar.
What’s the issue?
All of which excess sugar has a direct correlation with; this is why we need your help to raise awareness.
Click HERE to watch 'Jamie's Sugar Rush' - Jamie’s Channel 4 documentary on the dangers of too much sugar.
What is Sugar Smart Carlisle?
As you can see, the effect of excess sugars in our diets is causing major adverse health issues. The Sugar Smart Carlisle project aims to raise awareness, highlighting unknown facts about hidden sugar with the goal of providing this vital information to our communities and promoting positive healthier lifestyle choices.
Throughout the delivery of this project our overall aim is to raise awareness and get as many people involved in developing the project. We are looking to work with community groups, schools, sports and leisure centres, restaurants, workplaces and other organisations across the district. We aim to spread the word as far as possible as the project builds.
We are developing Sugar Smart resources (challenges, word searches, quizzes and factsheets) so that people can get invovled in their own community groups, school, club or workplace.
Registration for the SUGAR SMART Carlisle Summit is NOW OPEN! Click HERE to get your FREE ticket.
*Please note places are limited; book early to avoid disappointment.
How can I get involved?
Would you like to take part? Do you think you could help make Carlisle District Sugar Smart?
We’d love to hear from you! There are many ways you can help to make Carlisle a Sugar Smart city:
Clare Almond: [email protected] ...Ask Clare about:
- Becoming a Sugar Smart Ambassador: Could you promote a healthy lifestyle at your work place? Would you like to volunteer at Sugar Smart events? Or could you encourage local people and colleagues to consume less sugar?
- Sugar Smart Carlisle Challenges: Could you set sugar challenges for your colleagues or students?
- Sugar Smart Carlisle School resources: Get access to an array of resources. Designed your own sugar quizzes, posters or puzzles? Send it to us and we could publish it on the Sugar Smart Website.
- Can you help us inform our young people?
- Could you feature some information in a newsletter?
- Sugar Smart Carlisle events: Find out more about up coming events
- Would you like to sponsor Sugar Smart Carlisle or become a partner organisation?
- Can you think of something we’ve missed? Let us know your ideas.
We can’t do this project alone, your help could give us the boost we need to bring this project to our community and make Carlisle Sugar Smart.
Sugar Smart Carlisle’s Background History & Upcoming Events:
Number of views (4508)/Comments (0)